What I...

 Unit 1: 26 January, 2023

The photos in this blog are a reflection of what I read in the past 24 hours. 

This first photo is of the chapter I had to read for chemistry and my notes that I had to read over and review as well. 

This second photo is of the book that I've been reading recently. It is titled Genuine Fraud, and it is by one of my favorite authors, E. Lockhart. 

This third photo is of my genetics notes that I read over to study for a genetics quiz that I had. 


This final photo is a photo I took trying to read the signs on the buses to determine their destinations and routes.  


My fourth photo is from this morning and is of a headlining news article about the Biden administration giving military equipment to the Ukrainian army. 


Reflection: 
    The definition of a "selfie" is, "a photograph that one has taken of oneself, typically one taken with a smartphone or webcam and shared via social media". We take selfies like we take normal photos, of a place or occasion that we want to document, except we include ourselves in the photo to include our expressed emotions. Selfies are personal and intentional, and they are taken with the purpose of showing others. They are often posted on social media like Instagram or BeReal, or more "professional" selfies might be uploaded to LinkedIn or a team roster. Depending on the setting a selfie is taken in, it can say a lot about a person, their background, their daily life, their experiences, and their interests. It can reveal information about a society, a region of the world, and where it is uploaded can be informative too. 

Comments

  1. I really like how you included different types of reading, especially reading signs on busses. When we think of reading, we usually think of reading books or articles, but we read in lots of ways for lots of different reasons throughout the day. I think it demonstrates how important reading it in our daily lives and how much time we spend reading, even when we aren't sitting down to read a book.
    - Eleanor Czajkowski

    ReplyDelete
  2. These images are a good representation of things that we encounter during a typical school day. I also like/ agree with your thoughts in your reflection!
    - Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post was good in the sense that it really captures what a typical student might read in a given 24 hour period, and I also thought it was creative that you added the bus signs - something that students have to read in order to get to the right places. I took Genetics last year so I resonated with the Genetics photo and know the struggle. Great reflection as well! - Alex Jenkin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the visual representation of your work and detailed caption of how hard and long a full day as a student can be with such heavy reading loads.- Taylor Chen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment