My personal relationship with the library is not extensive. While I am at the library probably 3-4 days per week, I really only use it as a quiet and focused environment to get my work done since my dorm room can often be a distracting and unproductive place for me to study. I rarely use the resources that the library offers, and I've only once used even the study rooms available. My relationship with technology is the largest reason that I haven't used the library's resources. I have never checked a physical book or item out of the library either, as I find the online library and databases much more convenient and easier to navigate. This is partially why I chose this book as well because I was very overwhelmed in the library trying to find something to check out, so I resorted back to my computer to help me narrow down an item that interested me. I love the library because I love to read, so the atmosphere is comforting to me. However, I have begun to realize that the libraries here are not just locations that store books, they also have classrooms, offices, museums, coffee shops, peer-work rooms and so much more. I look forward to stepping out of my comfort zone, which is my computer, and exploring these spaces more over my next few years at Syracuse.
Comments
Post a Comment